If your kids are anything like ours, they are chomping at the bit to get out and show off their coolest costume creations while collecting an insane amount of candy from strangers! While we want everyone to have a great time this Halloween, we are most concerned about the safety of our little ones and want to share a few reminders and tips for keeping our kiddos safe this Halloween night!…
• Children should always be accompanied by an adult whether it’s at a party, trick or treating or sitting around watching scary movies with their friends!
• Have a plan in case you get separated. Set a place and/or time where you can meet up if you should happen to lose one another.
•Make sure your children wear a light of some kind while they are trick or treating. It makes finding them easier and helps drivers to see them better.
• Remind your kids never to cut across back alleys or fields. Encourage them to stay together in large groups at all times.
• We know some consider it old fashioned, but PLEASE don’t let your kids eat their candy until an adult has checked through it. Throw out any candy that looks tampered with (ie. loose wrapping, unidentifiable treats, etc.).
• Never go into a strangers house. Whenever possible, you should stick with houses of people you know.
• Always be careful crossing streets!! Look both ways and avoid crossing altogether whenever possible. Remember, it’s dark and cars are not always able to see you, if they happen to be looking at all! Rule of thumb: remember, in a mash up between you and a car…the car will ALWAYS win! So be looking for them, don’t expect them to look for you.
For more information on Halloween Safety, please take a moment and breeze through www.halloween-safety.com.
Be safe out there and have a Happy Haunted Halloween!